3.23.2009

carbon copy

ok. so, my blog has been pretty picture/video heavy as of late. but, it seemed the easiest way to satisfy my guilt for lagging on updates. but, i have to write about some of my experiences and thougts here. images can only take one so far. instead of trying to pull out details and stories, i'll share one of my present thoughts...
over the weekend i was sitting in the cave of one of paris' infamous jazz clubs. this place was packed and just buzzing with life! after dancing, i sat down in the back with a friend and threw out a question to a stranger.
"what do you like the most about your life?"
"what?" he asks in a thick brazillian accent, surprised at my off beat inquiry.
"what do you like the most about you life?"
pause. thinks for a minute."that i have the freedom to do what i want....that is a strange question. but even stranger that i'm actually answering it."
i think it's important to ask yourself this question from time to time. whether it be in quiet solace, or heightened moments. for both gratitude and change. so what is it that i like the most about my life? that my days are not carbon copies. everyday is different. new. exciting. fresh. for so long i felt trapped. everyday seemed the same. i would always feel the sting of monotony at parties. same people. same conversations. it's one of the reasons why i became so antisocial. i just couldn't take it anymore! but enough of the past. just thinking about it makes me cringe. this is the present. and i am so grateful to be living in it. to actually be LIVING my life! this is what i like the most about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment