2.13.2009

Day 1

Today was my first official day as an au pair. I woke up Sacha and Noah at 7:20 am by turning on their aquarium lights. At first, I was a little nervous to wake up Noah because I heard he is cranky and yells "arrêt!" haha. But he quickly popped out of bed with his tousled hair and binky still in his mouth. He ran over to the switch by the door which opens the metal curtains outside of their windows. I looked out his window as the metal curtains were automatically being pulled up. I looked out with disappoint, and a bit of awe, at the snow covered roof tops and trees. It was a charming sight looking at the lightly coated old architecture, stone walls, and branches thorough light blue hue the morning gave.
After waking up Sacha I went downstairs to make the kids breakfast. Four cereals, three bowls, two orange juices, and one water. Sacha comes down stairs for breakfast. But he's missing his pants. And his underwear. I laugh to myself and think "Whatever floats your boat." "Au revoir Aleesha!" Salome leaves for school by herself like she always has. Sacha and Noah go over to the couch and watch their morning cartoons with their binkies and cloths. I quickly clean up because I realize I better start getting them dressed. As they watch their cartoons I help them put their clothes on and brush their hair. Oh no! We're running couple minutes behind. Here, if the kids are late to school, they are locked out and left in the street or even worse, left with an au pair who has no clue what to do with them...yet. I throw Sacha his beanie, scarf, and gloves and help Noah put on his coat, scarf, gloves and his adorable beanie. Sacha is still watching his cartoons so I say "Aller! Aller a l'ecole!" After throwing on my jacket and uggs we run out the door to make it to school on time. Noah takes my hand and Sacha lags behind with his roller backpack. The streets are narrow and covered in slush so we're all getting soaked. As we run by one of the stone walls, a bit of slushy snow plops on Noah's little head "oohh nooon."We run between the little cars stuck on the street and past all the little shops. Almost there. We start to slow down as we go down hill and see all the other parents and kids arriving too. Off in the distance I could see the Effile Tour and Sacre Coure the heart of the city really is not far. I drop of Sacha then take him to his class at pre-school. I say "bonjour" to his teacher who I met the day before, as I help Noah hang up his coat and sacrf. He gives me his binky and cloth (I don't know why the kids have this. A miniature secruity blanket?) and waves good by as he runs off inside.

i have to go to sleep i'll finish this tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment