4.15.2009

big problem.
just told geraldine how great she was for letting amanda stay here next month. with the reaction i got, i might was well have told her, "there's a huge purple giraffe pooping all over your clothes!"
before i arrived she told me,"you can have a friend stay here in our guest bedroom." when i arrived, "you can have a friend stay here in our guest bedroom." lies.
a month ago, i asked if it was ok for my friend amanda to come stay here, just to double check. she looked at me, hesitated, and then agreed. david heard, came into the room, and piped off in irritated french to geraldine. didn't look at me once. i had no idea what he was saying. after he walked out, "so...is it ok if amanda comes the last week i'm here?" she did her weird eye-twitch-and-stare, "it's like you want." seeing as amanda is coming in 2 weeks, i wanted to give her a heads up. SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. "david said you couldn't have a friend stay. i was right here when he told you. remember?" she exclaimed. looked like she was going to kill me. i apologized for misunderstanding, awkwardly fumbled all over myself, and felt a huge rush of stress go to my head.
i cannot even explain how terrible the communication is between us. yes, they "speak" english. but, they don't actually SPEAK english. in the end, she realized there was nothing that could be done. when they meet her, they'll love her. and it won't be a problem.....i hope.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! what?! That is SOO weird!! Good luck :(

    Try suggesting Amanda sleep in the pantry. That's where I usually run into her anyway.

    ReplyDelete